We got a small update from our agency this morning. The updates were written by the nannies who speak Amharic as their first language, so some of the comments were a little unclear.
Here's what we know though...
Both kids wake at 6:30 am, nap at 3:30 pm, then go to sleep at 9pm. I assume that the whole house runs on the same schedule. Neither kids seem to have any sleep issues. They each share bedrooms with 4 other children of the same sex.
Miss M - she's almost exactly the same weight and height as Fletcher, even though she's more than a year older than him. But she is healthy according to her doctor's appt on 12/1/08. She's also:
- potty trained w/ no accidents
- gets along well with her peers
- is in Kindergarten, loves going to school and performs above average in school!
- loves playing with dolls
- favorite food is enjera spaghetti
They also said that she is a very active little girl, she follows the house rules, is really friendly to her friends, and is "just a normal kid". They said that she does not talk about her feelings or her birth parents though.
Mr. F - Is in the process of potty training. Can I just say WAAAAHHOOOOOOOOOO! (We'll see how true that is though, lol.)
- Loves attention and doesn't like being alone.
- Favorite food is also enjera spaghetti
- He "follows the house rules" (as much as a 2 year old can I suppose!)
- He is close to all of his nannies and loves his sister
- "normal two year old child"
They did say he was malnourished at one point but that he is "absolutely great now".
It was so nice to get some information about them. Hopefully we'll get pictures soon too.
7 comments:
HURRAY HURRAY HURRAY
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND HURRAY!!
MOM P.
:)
Wow! That is a ton of great information! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see pictures :-D
How exciting to get that information!!!
Wow, how cool to get that information; such a treasure!
I'm so excited for all of you guys.
That information must be so great to get as you wait. I can't wait to see their sweet faces!
All that news is so excting. Can't wait to hold them in my arms.
TuTu
Wow-we too, are thinking of adopting a sibling set around your little ones ages so until we do, I'll live my life through you LOL!
Post a Comment