CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

A Good Friday

Fletcher's checkup was this morning and dare I say we actually had fun!? We had a great ride into the city and saw so many exciting things (well, exciting for a two year old): tall buildings, tractors, a crane, multiple giant excavators, a fire truck, a zillion buses, a giant mail truck, dump trucks, construction men (Fletch told them "careful, don't fall down!" Awww...) and we even went through a "tunnel". Wowie, that's a lot of excitement.

At the doctor's office, they make you undress your child so they can get weight, height and do the general exam. Well Fletcher decided that he'd like to take his pull-up off as well and try to run around the halls naked. Oy, now that was embarrassing. It's like they know that you won't/can't yell at them in front of a doctor, so they push just as far as they can. So there I was trying to act like Mother of the Year by patronizingly explaining that those were his private parts and that only mommy, daddy and the doctor were allowed to see them. I finally broke down and gave him a "That's one!" He immediately came back and got his pull-up on. Victory!

He really was so excited to go to the doctor. I guess he doesn't remember all those shots as a baby and he's matured so much since the last time we were there. All the way there he talked about how the doctor was going to listen to his belly and look in his ears and mouth like on Elmo Goes to the Doctor. After all that I explained how the nurse was going to poke his finger and take some blood. He just watched in amazement that blood was pouring out of his finger. I was quite surprised and he was just excited about getting a band aid. Then for the part where I was sure he'd lose it - the flu shot. I told him he was going to get medicine in his leg and it might hurt at first but then it would stop...and that I had a special treat for him after (a sucker). That shot was over before he even knew what happened and we left with absolutely NO TEARS.

My little man is so cool. :)

We also got his doctor's note about his health, so we can check that off the list. Now if only my doctor's forms, Marc's doctor's letter and our last letter of recommendation would all come in the mail today. A girl can hope, can't she!?

0 comments: