CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

T minus 10 Days

Tickets are booked. We'll be gone 4/19 - 5/1. But, um, don't try to come and rob us now that I've said that. There will be burly men with guns and dogs here. Okay, well the dog looks like this...

...with slightly more hair. But he is ferocious! And I think a little crazy too...shh...don't tell him I said that.

Anyway...

We have lots of friends and family who have volunteered to come and wrangle Fletcher while we're gone. I know that he will be okay but I can't let myself even think about it for a minute or I get all teary-eyed. Two weeks away from him. Sniff...

So our tickets are booked. I'm conversing with a woman at the guest house we're planning to stay at, and she's trying to hook us up with a driver so that we can see some of the country (which is why we are getting there a week before our embassy date).

I still need to:

  • Go back to the travel clinic for more shots
  • Get a haircut
  • Get all of my work stuff arranged so that my fill-ins don't have to do a lot
  • Pack
  • Find / make gifts for the nannies
  • Drop a boat load of stuff off at Goodwill
  • Get the crib sold on Craigslist so that it's out of Macy's room
  • Make a list of doctor's numbers / locations for Grandma
  • Get the kids on my health insurance
  • Break out the Amharic cd & book - uh yeah, better late than never I guess

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HOW EXCITING!

Joy said...

Dancing, dancing, dancing . . .

Finally!!!! Hurray!!!

Melodie Monberg said...

Have a great trip...we are hoping to get our referral in the next few months and travel soon to that wonderful land of Ethiopia...ah, that land!

Melodie