CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The big kids...


The "big kids" (Macy & Fletcher) are officially registered for school this fall! We dropped their registration packets off this morning. They'll be attending the same school, here in Evergreen, only Macy will be in Kindergarten and Fletcher will be in Preschool. I think they're both really going to enjoy it.

I, on the other hand, had flashes of The New Adventures of Old Christine and the "meanie moms" when we went in. There was a group of tanned moms dressed in cute little tennis outfits talking about going to the day spa after dropping the kids off. Yikes. I'll be at home turning my compost heap. (For the record, I'm sure they are perfectly nice people.)

We have some work ahead of us this summer to get Macy speaking a little more English. She'll also have the assistance of an ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher, which should be extremely helpful. She knows how to write her numbers and letters in both Amharic and English, but gets a few of them confused in English - like T and Y. So we'll see how she does.

Fletcher was probably more excited about the big playground than anything else, but he did poke around the two preschool classrooms and declare them "cool". Seeing Macy write her numbers and letters and hearing her count has put a little pressure on him. Yesterday he asked me if we could practice counting just the two of us.

And Felix, well he gets stuck at home with me! At least he'll get to play with all the toys without having to fight for them.

3 comments:

Margaret and Cordel said...

How VERY exciting!!!! Big kids going to school!!! Felix is going to have a BLAST having his Mommy all to himself :)

Doodle - said...

How exciting!!!

I am glad that little Felix gets some special time with momma.

Shadley said...

oh my word, you sound just like me the first time i signed eden up for school! i was like, what?? we have to DO our hair before drop-off? I don't DO my hair!!! :)