Since receiving our referral in December, I picked up tons of clothing for Macy. Turns out she has quite the mind and fashion-sense of her own and won't wear any of it. These are her favorite pieces so far. The giraffe boots belong to Fletcher, but he was kind enough to share them.
Of course, when she took her princess pajamas off to get dressed, Felix decided that he wanted to wear the top....with froggy boots, natch.
This really exemplifies life in the Brown household at this time. No matter how much you tell yourself beforehand that life is going to be crazy, nothing quite prepares you for how that craziness will actually feel. The first days home we were strictly in survival mode. Things have gotten slightly better, but it's still taking everything that both of us have to keep up. Hopefully it will keep getting easier day by day.
6 comments:
:) Those pictures make me smile!!! Praying for you all!! Lots of hugs too!!!!
They are awesome! That's how my kids dress every day! I just tell people they are really artistic :)
It WILL get easier day by day, week by week, and month by month. Before you know it, you'll be looking back at 3 months home and being amazed at all the change since homecoming. Trust me! Just hang in there for now. :) Certain battles will be easier to fight with a bit more time, and some will just have to be fought through sweat and tears... but the outcome is worth it!
Love your pics! I think I need to go get some of those boots for my "M"! My kids also have a similar fashion sense! Vicki
I know, for a fact, that it will get easier over time. You have the lvoe and patience- and teh experience with Fletch!
xoxoxoxo
Those pictures are so precious. Hang in there. Praying for you. hugs
Post a Comment