CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of School

Macy and Fletcher started school yesterday. Kindergarten and Preschool, respectively. They were both really excited to go.

We got there a little early, so Macy and I stayed with Fletcher on his Preschool playground for a few minutes. They have these sweet school bus bikes. Unfortunately neither Macy or Fletcher know how to really steer or stop. We live on a big hill with a dirt road, so we don't have a place to ride bikes. With Macy driving the school bus bike, they managed to lose control, run over some safety cones and crash into a fence. Yikes, all in the first 5 minutes of the first day of school.


Time for Macy and Fletch to say goodbye!


Then we headed to the other side of the building to Mrs. V's classroom...



I sat with Macy for a few minutes, explaining that she would be meeting other kids, playing, reading books, eating lunch, etc. All stuff we've talked about before, but I was afraid that we'd have a big freak out. Fortunately Macy turned to me and said "Mom - GO!" Gotta love that!

When I picked them up, I was greeted with smiles and stories. Macy's first words were "Mom, this is funny!" (Meaning "fun"...she still gets some words mixed up.)

Hooray for a successful first day!

3 comments:

Trish said...

I just cried reading that. School?? School?? Already?!? I know it will be good for all three of them, but I'm not ready!!!

Lori said...

They are so cute together! And Fletcher is so cute on his little bus bike!

MomP said...

Hurray for the kids! They're well adjusted and going to have a blast! Enjoy the season!