CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 11, 2008

Just a nice day...

I'm at home with my sick little one today (the sick part isn't nice) and we've just had a fun day playing and watching too many movies. He's sound asleep in bed now for his nap, along with a giant Elmo, 2 tractors and some small farm animals. I guess there's just some things you can't part with.

We have our CPR / 1st Aid certification class tomorrow. It'll be a long day but it really is important info to know. How funny ("not funny ha ha" as Ellen would say) that any schlep (myself included) can have a baby with no credentials at all, but to adopt you have to have background checks and blood tests and training and and and... If everyone was required to go through that to be a parent, well the world might be a better (and less populated) place. Ha!

Anyway... there just seems to be so much going on. CPR class, home study interviews starting, and now we're scheduled at the end of Feb for a training class through our agency. I know, I know, I know that this is just the beginning. I know there's so much more paperwork to do, and hoops to jump through and, the worst part, waiting with nothing to do...but for now I'm going to allow myself to be excited about the progress we're making.

Oh, and the reason I even started this post today... I'm making all sorts of new friends in the Ethiopian Adoption community! I just found a fantastic blogroll of families adopting from Ethiopia as well as a great local Google Group. It's such a great feeling to know that there are others out there who are going through the same process and paperwork and frustrations and joys. It sounds like our kiddos will have a great little local Ethiopian community.

It's a good day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! Glad we've found each other! So fun that we are so close, and we're both adopting sibling groups. Love your go green blog, too... i hope to spend some good time reading through it sometime this week!
so excited to be where you are actually STARTING the homestudy. until then, i'm trying to remain patient!

MB said...

I definitely agree that the adoption blog world is such an amazing thing!! It is so great to be able to talk to and read about other people's experiences who are or have gone through the same process. It's such a great community and is sooo supportive!!