CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Rollin' rollin' rollin'....

I just can't get that song out of my head. We're really rollin' with this home study process! If you know me you know that I'm a completely obsessive compulsive organizer. I have a calendar with all our dates and appointments it in, they're programmed into my phone to remind me in advance and I have little lists everywhere too. It makes me feel happy and give me inner peace. Marc calls it "crazy". Or, as he told our social worker last night, he lets me do the worrying so that he doesn't have to. What a guy! I'm not really worried about any of this, it just makes me feel like I'm doing something.

Anyway...our first joint interview with the social worked was last night and it went very smoothly. She surprised us and asked if she could go ahead and do the home safety inspection. Since everyone usually has something that needs to be corrected, she said she might as well go ahead and do the first run now, let us know what corrections need to be made, then do the follow-up next time she comes out.

We hadn't child-proofed our house yet, which is amusing in a "please-don't-call-social-services, wait-you-ARE-social-services" kinda way. But Fletch doesn't try to each dish soap very often, so we haven't really gotten around to putting child locks on the cabinets yet. Besides that, there were a couple minor things like getting a ladder for the basement window, a child gate here and a fire extinguisher there...and we're good to go. Wow - now that was easy!

She is coming back 2/6 and 2/11 to do our final joint interviews and the final inspection, then Marc is doing his individual interview on 2/18. We need to get our doctor's appointments scheduled in the next few weeks, we get our CPR certification on 2/2 then attend Bethany's training class on 3/1 and 3/3. So, as I mentioned, we are rollin', rollin', rollin'.....

1 comments:

nell ann said...

Hi Kellie! Thanks for your info on sign language. I love how you are so organized. I suffer from the same obsessive compulsiveness. Even our junk drawers are organized. My hubband says it's a sickness. : )

I am so impressed with how fast you're rolling through things! Send me some of that energy!