So we get the question "Any news yet?" a lot. Unfortunately it's going to be a loooooooooong long long time before we have any real news. Right now we are still in the paperwork phase. This will probably last through spring. We hope to have our dossier on its way to Ethiopia by the beginning of the summer. Once the paperwork gets to Ethiopia, then we start waiting. This could be 6 to 18 months, maybe more, we just don't know.
Until then, I will bore you with the very minute details and triumphs... :)
Marc's fingerprints came back yesterday! Whohoooo! Now we have both received CBI and are waiting on FBI. Our social worker says they usually run about two weeks behind CBI. This is excellent news because we expected to be waiting until the end of April to receive these.
For our Dossier (mountain #2 of paperwork) I have ordered our birth and marriage certificates, but have only about 10% confidence that the birth certificates are going to be correct. The lady laughed when I told her that they "must be certified and sealed with the Great Seal of the State" (I really need to get triumphant sounding music to play when I said "Great Seal of the State".). She said she didn't know what that meant, but she'd send me a certified copy with a seal on it. We shall see...
The costs are starting to pile up in little bits and pieces (especially if these are the wrong birth certificates).
Birth Certs for Kellie $36
Birth Certs for Marc $35.50
Marriage Certs $33
Marc's copay for dr. appt $25
Kellie's copay for dr. appt $25
Total: $154.50
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Any news?
Posted by Unknown at 11:12 AM
Labels: background check, dossier, home study, money, progress
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I totally feel for you about ordering the certificates! When I was trying to order ours, the state had no records of my marriage!!! How crazy is that? I drove to the capital (3 hours) still nothing. Then I come back and make it down town and well what do you know, there it is! Goodness gracious. Be thankful that your costs are as low as they are! My hubband has a new job and our insurance won't kick in for a while so we paid $170 to get our doctor notes. AND we didn't even see a Doctor!
Just keep reminding yourself that it will all be worth it in the end!!
Post a Comment